Coping with a serious illness can be frightening, for both the patient and the family. Choosing to contact Hospice of Southern Kentucky isn’t about giving up. It’s about taking control.
Living with a chronic or a serious illness is easier with a circle of professional caregivers who can help share the burden. Each staff member and volunteer at Hospice of Southern Kentucky is here to help you and your loved one.
Our focus is managing pain and symptoms, along with providing emotional and spiritual support to everyone affected by the diagnosis. Hospice of Southern Kentucky can help from the initial diagnosis to support beyond the end of life. We also offer Transitions Palliative Care for those not ready for hospice services.
Have you been wondering if now is the right time to explore hospice or palliative care for yourself or a loved one? If getting more care is on your mind, it is definitely the right time to ask questions. Our team is available to talk 24/7 at 270-746-9300.
Hospice of Southern Kentucky provides community based care wherever the patient calls home. We currently serve the following counties: Warren, Barren, Butler, Simpson, Logan, Hart, Edmonson, Metcalfe, and Allen.
Do you need hospice?
Am I or my loved one ready for hospice care? How do I know when the time is right to call? These questions can help you decide if you’re ready to call for help or information.
As a patient...
- Do you need help with pain and symptom management to live more “normally”?
- Do you have more than one serious condition, like diabetes and heart disease?
- Have you been diagnosed with a serious illness that could run its course in one year or less?
- Have you been admitted to the ER/hospital several times within the last six months?
- Are you having a hard time talking to your doctor and family about your personal preferences as you consider end-of-life care choices?
As a caregiver...
- How many hours a day or week do you spend taking care of your loved one?
- Do you feel overwhelmed or isolated?
- Are you getting enough help from friends and family members?
- Have you been ill recently?
- Are you experiencing sleep issues?
- Are you irritable or weepy?
- Is the situation taking a toll on your personal or professional life?
- Is caregiving causing a financial strain?